Quote of the day: There is no such thing as just a job. Anything that takes up your time takes up your life. What if you never do anything that you think is important? Sometimes I wonder if you're a musician who works in a cereal bar, or just a cereal guy who makes a little music. --Flakes
The "Bracing for the Zombie Apocalypse" department:
Parasite zombifies honeybees. This may be the cause of the colony collapse that has been happening for a while.
Happy birthday to Charles Addams. Check the http://www.google.com tribute.
Today in Misogyny:
Brazil requires women to register pregnancy. Ostensibly, this is to help with maternal mortality rates. Most suspect it will be used by the Church to prosecute miscarriages as induced abortions (illegal in Brazil)
Out and about:
TSA moves to ground transportation...Doom.
This is why we can't have nice things:
Why lasers don't work as ray guns. I do love The Straight Dope.
Brands that may disappear in 2012. Some old ones, some speciality ones. Kodak, Sears and Saab.
MIT offers free online education. Non accredited.
Politics, politics politics
Busy week. Michelle Bachmann dropped out of the race, sparking a temper tantrum when marcus learned he would not be First Lady. Rick Perry went home to Texas, rethought his life and came to the wrong conclusion. He shoulda bought the deathsticks. it'll be less painful in the long run. Santorum said something anti-gay/anti-woman/anti-sex. Just google it. Newt and Romney said racist crap. These are not news.
As we know, Newt is an amatuer historian. However, he doesn't let the facts get in the way of doctrine when he says the founding fathers would have been anti-marijuana. “I think Jefferson or George Washington would have rather strongly discouraged you from growing marijuana and their techniques with dealing with it would have been rather more violent than our current government,” he responded. Except for the part where BOTH OF THEM GREW IT!
Crime and Punishment:
The FBI redefined rape. This is good. The new definition, which includes men, is "“The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”
Jedi and sith burgers now available. In Belgium. Oh belgium!
Ham & Swiss casserole
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix (coarse-crumb style)
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the egg noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup, white wine, and water in a large bowl. Stir in the cooked egg noodles, ham, and Swiss cheese. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the dry stuffing mix over the dish. Bake uncovered until the casserole is bubbling and browned, about 30 minutes.
Washington State introduced legislatuion to legalize same sex marriage. "I have always been uncomfortable with the position that I have taken publicly. And then I came to realize the religions can decide what they want to do, but it is not OK for the state to discriminate." says Governor Chris Gregoire
Stupid movies recast as Oscar Bait. I like William and Theodore's Adventure of a LIfetime myself. Also the recaas Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Tis the seasoin, but if your child has these symptoms. it's time to see the dr.
I love the sound of this song